Friday, June 15, 2012

Little Ninjas

We have joked since we first felt him move that Dryden was our little ninja.  He would kick/punch SO hard that it would literally knock the wind out of me!!  And if I thought it was bad then, now is even crazier!!!  Last night we were laying on the sofa watching TV and he was just going to town.  OMG was it painful, but I have to say... I've come to long for that pain.  When we first found out about everything, one of the first things BJ said to me was I hope he continues to kick the s*** out of you!!  He was right too... just knowing he is moving around so much in there, as painful as it is, is encouraging to the both of us.

Since I posted yesterday, I have heard from so many people reaching out and I must say - it is just amazing. BJ and I are soaking up every bit of information we can but reading things off the internet, as you all know, can be so draining and depressing.  Knowing people who have personally gone through what you are going through is so encouraging and inspiring.  All of the crazy things you really want to know, but are too afraid to ask... seeing pictures of beautiful children who fight so hard and make it look so easy.  Its just awesome.

Here are two blogs I wanted to share... about two amazing little boys and their parents.

The first one is Breighton... I have seen so many pictures of him and I have to say... there isn't ONE where he looks even remotely annoyed, grouchy, or sad.

http://breightonourunwrittenrecipe.blogspot.com/

And then there is Gage.  I've been told that he is the happiest kid in the world... and he looks like it too!!



The world is full of little ninjas... fighting the very same battle!

I've taken so many things for granted with my little Tina bug.  She is such an independent little punk and she always has been.  Even from birth she kinda just said, "Watch out mom, I got this."  She is so laid back and just goes with the flow. She's never really been sick... never had any medical issues... she's just... her!!  There isn't much I have to do for her anymore, she takes care of herself for the most part.  Everyone always tells me that Tina is like a little mommy herself.  Always taking care of the little kids around her.  And I realized... I have the best little helper I could possibly hope for.  

All this time, all I've been thinking about is "my poor baby"... when in reality... Dryden will probably be much stronger than I could ever dream.  My friend told me the other day, "Things may not be normal, but they will be YOUR normal."  And when I talked to Gage's mother... she said, "We just did what we had to do because he was our sweet baby and nothing else mattered."  

I know its going to be tough.  And I know there are going to be days where I am going to break down.  But I have the most awesome man and amazing little girl on my side.  





It still breaks my heart but I find myself thinking a little differently now.  All this time I've been picturing this frail little bandaged up baby when in reality, Dryden will come out fighting... and all those Bruce Lee moves he's doing in there... they are just practice.  

 Our little Ninja's got this. 

3 comments:

  1. <3. I'm glad you've got support, and you're right, he will come out fighting! Off to add you to my blog-roll so I can keep up better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog it is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great experience. It's really an inspiring blog.

    ReplyDelete