Tina is back!! FINALLY!!!!
So happy to have her home. Definitely missed her!! :) I must say though, I guess I forgot how hyper she is... and how pregnant I am!! I can't keep up!!! I can't wait to see her with her little brother. She is going to be such a great big sister.
|Baby Shower 7/18/2012|
So thankful to everyone for all the stuff we got for the baby shower.
We got Dryden's room done with everything that we got too!! Well... what we have of a room! haha BJ worked SO hard on getting everything ready. I wasn't allowed to do too much - but I did get to wash, fold/hang, and put away his clothes in his new armoire! :) That definitely made me smile looking at all those cute little things.
|Ready for Dryden!!!!!|
It is really hard to believe that we are only 5 days away at this point. I have so many things I am unsure about - it really is so intimidating and overwhelming. I have been trying to pack a bag for me and for him for the hospital and so many things have been going through my mind!!! Things that I never thought about till now.
1. We have all these clothes... will he be able to wear them? Should I pack any of his cute little outfits for the hospital?
2. When will we be able to hold him?
3. What about sleeping? He obviously can't sleep on his back... but you aren't supposed to let them sleep any other way - so what are we supposed to do?!
I know the hospital is probably going to go through all of this with us ... so I probably shouldn't be as worried as I am... but I want to be prepared as much as I can!!!
Lucky for me, there are moms that have done this before and are SO VERY EAGER to help!! I don't know what I would do without their advice! Of course it is different for everyone, but what I've found is that;
1. No... more than likely, they will have him in a t-shirt if anything at the hospital. We should be able to bring him home in one of his cute little outfits though... but I won't have to pack too much stuff from here.
2. Holding him depends on the surgery and when it happens and everything. Some people are able to hold their kiddos shortly after surgery and others weren't able to hold their little ones till about 7 days!! Oh my... SEVEN DAYS... That seems like a LIFETIME!!!
3. No, he will definitely be sleeping on his tummy. No back sleeping. But as I've heard they have a bunch of monitors and such on them so that there really is no chance of SIDS. Which is a BIG fear for me!!! I also have a friend giving me a monitor for the same purpose to use at home. We have a video monitor set up already too.
It seems like whatever gets thrown at me, there is a mom out there that has an answer - and the reassurance that everything is going to be just perfect. As much as that helps... even knowing that we aren't the only ones out there isn't helping me too much in these last days!!
I know this sounds so selfish and stupid, but I am really almost ... jealous... I guess. I have SO MANY friends having babies right now and they are all perfectly healthy little bundles of joy that get to snuggle up after they are born, get pictures in all their adorable little outfits and go home a few days later. I just wish things were different. I know that once he is born all of that will go right out of the window and the only thing that will matter will be getting him better and taking him home.
One thing is for sure - I am SO ready to have this little bugger! He is sitting SO high in my ribs that I just can't get comfy! I finally decided I need to stop driving - there is just no comfy way to sit in a car properly. I had to visit a different specialist this week since mine is out of town and she said, "Sometimes it still surprises me how high I have to go to get a good view!" talking about the ultrasound of course.
Five more days.
Please keep us in your prayers/thoughts. We will really be needing it in the next few days.