Friday, January 18, 2013

The Chunky Cycle - YES, it's a thing!!

Christmas 2012
Apparently there is a cycle.  The chunky cycle.  This is when your baby is chunky, and doesn't move around because of the chunkiness.  But since he doesn't move around, he can't lose the weight.  So what do you do?











Christmas 2012
Our Physical Therapist says to cut back on his food intake, but I have done the research, talked to his doctor and confirmed... that isn't possible.  I know you wouldn't believe me by looking at him, but ... he gets less than the recommended food intake for his age as it is!  His problem is that he is just not moving much.... and ironically enough, its because his tummy is so big, its hard for him to lay on his tummy and move around!  But - we are working on it.  And I'm sure my chunky baby will even out pretty soon.


He's very proud of those rolls too... 

Rumor has it I was a pretty LARGE baby.  My Grandpa used to call me Michelin because my legs had so many rolls.  My mom called me thunder thighs too... so... he could get it from me.  BJ was a pretty big baby too though... weighing in at a whopping 10 lbs. 9 oz. at birth... so ... maybe he got it from him.  Either way - we both turned out to be pretty scrawny kids and healthy adults.  So, I'm not that worried... 

He made 6 months today... seems like time is just getting away from me.  He's learning so much and getting so big... I just can't believe it!!  



HAPPY 1/2 YEAR BIRTHDAY DRYDEN!!!!!!
















Hopefully next time ... Dryden will have leveled out a little and we won't be worrying about his chunky butt anymore... in the meantime though... parents beware... the chunky cycle is real... and it's looking for YOUR KIDS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment